Monday

Was it Mother's Day?

Yesterday was Mother's Day of course! I wanted to do something really memorable for Amy for mother's day. Of course you have to have the traditional breakfast in bed, but that didn't exactly work out. The girls both got up a little late and were being really loud. Also, they kept going up to check on Amy to see if she was still in bed, then they would get in bed with her, wake her up and tell her she should still be asleep. I tried to get the girls to help me with breakfast, but they weren't very interested for some reason.

We had to go to church and everything, so I just focused on a feast. I made a mother's day feast for Amy, and I foolishly forgot to take pictures!!! I don't know why I can't remember to take pictures. The more I remind myself, the more I will remember. I will keep this post short, though. This is what we had for breakfast:

Ham tomato and cheese english muffins
Creamy Quiche Lorraine
Streusel coffee cake
Dutch Babies with whipped cream and syrup for dessert

It was more like a brunch since it took a little longer to make all that than I thought. It would have helped to have two ovens, that is for sure!

For dinner we had:

Egg Rolls
Kung Po chicken
rice
Garlic Bread
Better than Simulated Sex cake for dessert

As you all should know by now, I like cooking, and I have for a long time. I am just getting back into doing it more often. Amy's mom, Sandra, has said for a long time that home made cakes from scratch are always too dry. I agree that a terrible cook can make a gross dry cake, and cakes are something that there are so many recipes for and you can easily mess it up if you don't measure properly, or do something else wrong. I wanted to present a gift to her, also, so that she would know that you can make a cake from scratch that is not too dry, and is plenty moist. The cake I made was completely from scratch, except the crumbled Heath® bars on top.

I did get a picture of the cake, and I will post that when I get home tonight.

2 comments:

Reuel and Ana said...

can I be your mommy?
love
dad

andrea said...

Sounds yummy. I want to hear more about you disneyland trip. We are going for thanksgiving. I need all the good tips.