Sunday

Sarah and Kate's Sleepover

Last Friday night the girls each had a friend over to spend the night. Sarah invited her friend Makayla and Kate invited Paige. The evening was supposed to start around 5:00 pm when I planned to go and pick up Makayla from her house and George would be picking up Kate and Paige from preschool. Anyway, Sarah and Makayla made other plans and decided that Makayla would wait for the bus at school with Sarah so they could start the party a little early. Coincidentally, Sarah's bus was late that day, so it was not until after Makayla's mom had been to the office (and everywhere else except the bus area) looking for her that they came to the office to see what was going on with the bus. So, it was about half an hour after school was over that I got a call from the office that Sarah and Makayla were there waiting for me!! I was in the middle of the final prep for the party, and was expecting that Sarah would be arriving home any minute, and this totally stressed me out because I thought for sure that there had been a miscommunication and that I really was supposed to pick them up. Luckily, my mom was on her way over and came to stay with Juliette (who had just started her nap) and work on getting the
bedroom ready for the party. Thanks, mom!! Thanks dad, too!! So I went to pick up the girls and after talking to Makayla's mom I found out that I was right about the plan and that the girls just decided to make a new one without telling us. So, we got home and I finished cleaning up their room and the evening went much more smoothly from there. All the girls played upstairs with dolls and dress-up stuff before dinner. Then they all ate pizza. After dinner, everyone decorated cookies with icing and sprinkles. Of course, Kate had more icing than cookie in most cases. Cookie decorating took up a surprising amount of time, so pretty soon they all put on pajamas and watched a movie. After the movie, everyone except Kate was pretty tired, so they all went to bed. Makayla and Sarah were asleep by 11pm but Kate and Paige were up talking and laughing until all hours of the night. In the morning, they all chose their own toppings for their "baggie eggs" as we like to call them. We all had a great time.

10-2007 sleepover



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Natasha said...

aren't girls so much fun. Keara loves to have sleepovers. I haven't tried Tayler yet. so cute and funy about the girls changing plans on you.

Amy said...

I seriously think I have died and gone to Heaven with those adorable pictures. Serioulsy, the one with Kate eating the cookie with tons of frosting was the funniest thing I have ever seen. Oh my gosh. Plus I can't believe how long Sarah's hair is. It must grow like a week. The one pic of Amy and Juliette is so cute too. Looking forward to more great posts! Thanks for sharing!