Thursday

3 reasons why that is not ok.

Last night, we were sitting at the table after a long evening of being busy, and Amy was telling me about how the High School girls are extremely immodest with their winter gowns. Apparently a coworker of hers lives by Granite Bay High School and witnessed all the high school girls wearing dresses and skirts that were so short their butts were hanging out. Kate was sitting/climbing on one of us and said "There are three reasons why you shouldn't say that! One, that is a bathroom word, two, you should always wear a skirt that fits you, and you shouldn't stick your butt out." I tell you, that girl is quick witted. The other night, she was making a lot of noise and not going to sleep, and I told her that if I heard so much as a loud breath from her, I was turning out the lights and closing the door. Immediately she said,

"Do hiccups count?"
"No"
"Coughs?"
"No"
"Yawns?"
"No, good night Kate!"

She rattled those off so fast, it caught me off guard. I had to run out of the room before I started laughing.

Tuesday night, Kate spent the night at a friends house and Sarah wanted to play Lego's so I grudgingly agreed :) She stayed up until about midnight playing with them. We had fun pretending I was the horse, and she was the knight saving princesses, and she was so nice and gave me lots of hay and played the piano for me while I was resting.

When it was late, I could tell she was getting tired, but I guess it is against her principles to ever say she is tired and go to bed of her own free will. So I said she could stay up for five more minutes and after a little bit she asked me how long it had been, and I said "3" then she went and set the timer for two minutes. The second the timer rang, she said "OK, good night, I am going to bed." Then she went upstairs and was asleep probably before she even got covered up. It was pretty cute because it is always a battle to get them to go to bed.

I took a picture of what she built. She wanted to build a lot of different things, mostly princess/barbie stuff, but I don't have any pink Legos, so we settled on Orthanc tower from Lord of the Rings. She wanted to do the battle at Helm's Deep, but I didn't have enough grey or white bricks to do that one. Here it is.

4 comments:

Natasha said...

that is such a cute story my kids never go to be on their own either. Kate is sure a smart little girl. Miss you guys lots hopefully we can make it out there sometime this year

Amy said...

Great post about the girls. I miss them so much!!!

Rebekah said...

Funny!! I love it. I am glad that you were able to play with legos until midnight. Now I know what to get you for Christmas... Pink Legos.

Reuel and Ana said...

George
what a great story. Ana and I have laughed over this several times. in fact yesterday after a shower I was getting dressed in our bedroom and she told me I should not stick my bunda (butt) out the window. thanks for the post. Playing Legos with Sarah was also a very important thing for you to do also.
love
dad