Saturday

Christmas Morning with the Joneses

Remarkably, just prior to one of the most important picture-taking days of the year, I managed to lose my camera. As a result, Christmas Eve photos were taken with my Dad's camera. I don't have the files yet but I will try to post some later. I did take some pictures on Christmas morning with our dinosaur Olympus camera- I knew I was holding on to it for SOME reason!!

Apparently unwilling to depart from tradition, George and I stayed up until approximately 3:30 am getting everything ready for Christmas morning. Zack went nuts, following me up and down the stairs with his tail all bushed out. He kept skidding on the wood floor and diving into open gift boxes which would occasionally take him for a ride across my bathroom floor or the downstairs hallway. In spite of his antics, we pressed on until (almost) dawn to finish up. Here is our finished product-





The girls actually slept in until about 8:30 am, which was pretty amazing. I went in to see if Juliette was awake before we all went downstairs. She was not, but quickly woke up crying before I could get back out of her room. She calmed down after see saw all of the new stuff to get into.





Everyone had a good time opening their gifts. Sarah was especially thrilled with her new Nintendo DS, as you can see. Kate was similarly excited about her cupcake set. Juliette was just excited in general.




Zack the kitten pretty much took it all in stride. He seemed to enjoy acting all crazy, diving into the piles of discarded wrapping paper and wreaking havoc. I, on the other hand, will require some time to recover!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like everyone had a Merry Christmas! I had to work both Christmas Day and Christmas Eve Day. Dave and I celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve.

Reuel and Ana said...

fun christmas morning. just like the old days.
love
anandad

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Looks like a ton of fun. I am jealous that your little ones didn't wake you until after 8. My oldest son was just WAY to excited! He ran into the girls room at 4:30am yelling,"Merry Christmas." So after telling him it was way to early and sending him back to bed, we had to put the baby back to sleep. I guess it’s payback time for me, my mom says I used to get up around 1am sometimes because I was so excited. Funny, it always seemed so much later to me :)

Natasha said...

im so glad you guys had a Merry Christmas we did too I will have to post pics soon.

Stephanie T said...

I'm glad we aren't the only ones up until 3 am still wrapping presents! I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas.