Sunday

Locks of Love

Sarah has been growing out her hair for over a year so that she could donate a 10 inch ponytail to Locks of Love. This morning, we measured her ponytail and she reached her goal! When I asked her how she felt about it, here is what she said: "I feel really great about donating to Locks of Love and it is the best thing I have done in my entire life!"

Above is a pic of Sarah getting ready for me to chop her ponytail off and below are a couple of pics of her new hairdo.

In order to donate the hair, you have to cut it off as a ponytail. I knew that after I did that she would have layers, but she ended up with the back of her hair all choppy and uneven and I freaked out. I was able to even it up and she really likes her new haircut. I think it makes her look way too mature, but that is because I am her mother and am therefore obligated to feel that way. The important thing is that Sarah feels really good about her donation. She is such a great young lady!! (sniff sniff!!)

In other news, here is Juliette after she finished getting ready for church today-

And messing around while everyone else finished getting ready.

Posted by Picasa
Kate posing for the camera.....

And looking a little surprised when someone decided to place their rear end right by the camera (and my face) and fart. I just had to post it because it is classic.


4 comments:

Reuel and Ana said...

What cute pictures of the girls. they are so beautiful. Sarah what a kind thing to do for someone. Ana gave 18in to locks of love when she was in the USA. your hair is even more beutiful because of what you did. the important thing is that you did for your self.
love
Ana and Grandpa Reuel

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

What beautiful girls! and what fun for the holidays!

Natasha said...

What a neat thing for her to do. I bet you are so proud. Your right it makes her look so much more Mature. Love the pics of the other girls so cute.

Amy said...

Way to go Sarah! Nice of you to donate your hair! I can't believe how grown up all the girls are looking.