Monday

Buh-sketti

I think I am a pretty good cook. I think that is pretty common knowledge. I enjoy cooking. One of the main reasons I put my menu on my blog is because I do enjoy cooking, and I like to share the things I enjoy. However, I try not to be arrogant or braggy about my cooking. That being said, I am not going to try now. Last night we had spaghetti for dinner, (pictures later) and it was pretty good.

I made some garlic bread. I love making bread. I love eating bread. It consisted of probably 80% of my diet as a child from when I ate solid foods until 18. So I made the french bread first, let it rise, and stuff. Then I made a little paste for the garlic topping. We were going to eat at 6, Amy's parents and grandma were coming, but Amy was so hungry she wanted to move it up to 5.

So the bread came out of the oven real close to 5, and I cut it while it was still steaming, spread the paste on and threw it under the broiler real fast. The paste was melted into the bread before I got it in the oven. I took it out, and cut it, then sneaked a bite. Let me tell you, that garlic bread was so freaking good! Seriously, it was the best garlic bread, EVER! I knew it was going to be good, I like home made bread way better than store-bought any day of the week, even home made bread that is not that good, is still better than store bought. To be honest, I don't really like store-bought bread at all. And garlic bread made from home made bread is going to be good. But I did not expect it to be this good. I could sell this garlic bread for $20 a slice, it is that good, and people would come back to buy a loaf for $300.

I also have never seen garlic bread disappear that fast. I cut one loaf, put it on the table, then sat down. By the time I had my food served up, the whole loaf was gone, and so I got up and cut the other. By the time I sat down again, the other loaf had only a couple slices left. Garlic bread is always a favorite, but it doesn't go that fast, and there will be pieces left on plates, the girls will eat a bite, then leave it. Kate ate 2 slices! That is huge. Kate's usual meal is 3-4 bites and then she is done. I don't know how she has the energy she does, but she eats nothing. I have rarely seen her eat that much bread. I wish everyone reading this could have tasted it, it was so fantastic. Next time I see any of you, tell me to make it, you will not be disappointed. Man I am long winded.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Yummy, I cannot wait to see you so you can make some garlic bread. Sounds delicious.

Reuel and Ana said...

I can taste it now. I will hold you that promise.
love
Dad
ps. did your little chefs help you those pictures were so cute.

Amy said...

Why don't you post the picture of the bread? It looked great, and tasted even better.

andrea said...

Sounds so good. Can't wait for our next family get together.

Amy said...

I will have to wait until I make my weight loss goal to have any of that garlic bread. It sounds so good my mouth is watering. The last time I had bread was begining of DEC. I haven't missed it at all until now. Thanks a lot Hunzy!