Thursday

I want a limo, too!

Yesterday, on the way home from school, Sarah says out of the blue, "Dad, I want to buy a limo." We have never really talked about limos before, so I started talking to her about it. I asked her why she wanted one, and she said because she thinks they are cool, and sometimes you don't have to wear seatbelts. I don't know where she got that idea. I asked her what color she wanted, and she said white. Then I asked her what kind of limo, a car, SUV, truck, what? She said she wanted an SUV one, an Escalade. If you haven't heard me, I always say esca-LADE! So when Sarah said she wanted an Escalade, I said, "What kind? I don't recognize that kind of car. What is it." Then she would roll her eyes, and say, "An Escalade," with that little 'I'm trying not to smile' smirk. I always try to see her when she says it because she makes this really cute face, and she says it in a deep voice, it makes me laugh. So I angled the mirror, and she kind of looked out the window and said, "an esca-LADE!" Then she totally started laughing. It was really cute. She then started talking about how she wanted to paint it. She said she wanted the top of blue sky, and a thin black line to outline the clouds and flowers, and butterflies and bees and lots of colors. Then Amy said it would look like a hippie limo. And Sarah said "Hippies don't exist." Then Debbie Downer came along and said we should learn about hippies and the Vietnam War.

Here is an artist's rendering of the proposed "Sarah Limo."

2 comments:

Amy said...

BIG PIMPIN' LIMO! Sarah is so cute when she say's escaLADE'. It is the best!

Reuel and Ana said...

So cute, I am also waiting for the picture of the light bulbs. 66 in the house is a major investment
Love
dad