Saturday

I'll kill them all!

OK, another park story. This one is so good, it deserves its own post.

There happened to be lots of bugs at the park (see previous post). There were also lots of baby spiders. One baby spider crawled up on my leg. I was sitting in a little lawn/beach chair with my knee up and it crawled to the top of my knee. Then it raised its butt really high in the air, and let out a fart. Just kidding, it let out a string of silk, and was trying to fly away like spiders do. If you haven't ever seen it, it really is cool. We told the girls to come look at it. Kate said, "I will get it." We told her not to get it, to leave it alone, it was trying to fly away. Amy and I were focusing on it, when out of nowhere, I see one of Kate's new Crocs fly through the air and slam down on my knee, totally killing the spider.

Amy and I were totally surprised by this and just looked up at Kate in shock. She had a really serious look on her face and said in a deadpan, "I killed it."
George: "We didn't want you to kill it, we wanted it to fly away."

Amy: "It was just a baby spider like in Charlotte's Web."

George: "Yeah, there are a lot of baby spiders around here."

Sarah: "Spiders are good for us, if it weren't for spiders, bugs would destroy the planet."

Kate: "I'll kill them all."

Sarah: "There would be so many, they would eat every..."

Kate: "I'll kill 'em all!"

Sarah: "...thing up."


Then they ran off and played. Kate has no fear when it comes to bugs of any kind, but she also has no love for them, no love at all. She kills mercilessly and without remorse. She does not like bugs at all. If she sees a bug, and can get near it, she will stomp it out. So far, fortunately, she has only exhibited this tendency toward bugs. I hope it stays that way.

2 comments:

Amy said...

That is a classic Kate story! So cute!

Natasha said...

That is to funny so unlike her mom who hates killing bugs