Friday

The light bulb graveyard


Well, here is a picture of the light bulb graveyard. Fortunately there was a lot of mostly empty boxes in there, but I did run out. I am about half-way through. I found a super deal at Raley's. They have a 4-pack of light bulbs for 1.99!! That is pretty good. That is about what regular bulbs cost. Also, I found some flood lights at Walfart for 7.97, and the incandescent floods cost 6.97, so they CFL are not that much more. I do try and turn the lights off when I am not using them. I think there are some other energy sucking devices in my house, like a refrigerator that does not stay closed, it will open by itself. 3 nights in a row, I have made a point to go down and close it firmly, but by morning, it has crept open. I don't know what I can do about that save buying a new fridge.

4 comments:

jethrojones said...

Yeah, the fridge popping open would piss me off! Talk about annoying.

ana said...

Put some small pieces of cardboard under the two front legs. this will elevate the front so the door will stay closed. the weight of the door will keep it closed. the way it is now is the back is heigher than the front and it opens. there might be legs under that can be turned to go higher or lowered. that is the best way. but I have always used cardboard because it is quick and dirty.
great light bulb stach.
love
dad

Rebekah said...

Fridge: Did you try duck (I mean duct) tape?

Staci said...

We used to have the same problem with our fridge growing up. Another thing to try is to move the heaviest things in the door closest to the hinges or out of the door. If they are closest to the opening, it tends to put more pressure on the outside and won't let it do its natural closing motion. It may sound kind of weird, but it works.